22 January 2012

Fun Vintage 1950s Valentines


Hello All,

Aren't these a hoot? If you're old enough to remember Valentines like these.... my condolences. ;-)

Can you guess how many 'hearts' are in the image above?  Lips, earrings, turban, etc.......I count 14, not that I'm necessarily known for accuracy!
These cards are all from the same estate. They are unused and each have a little yellowing on the back, probably leftovers that were never given out.

They are also quite large (about 10 inches tall). The upper portion on each card has a small grommet so that the head swivels and can fold to fit in an envelope.

I scanned them at 300dpi. They should print up nicely on your b&w or color printer.

What could be more fun on a lazy, Sunday afternoon than rummaging through old paper stuff? On second thought, don't answer that!

What do you do for fun?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,

    Love your vintage valentine's collection! Let me guess, are there 16 hearts in the above card? I'm probably way off! lol

    On a Sunday afternoon, I like to spend time with my family and go to flea markets and garage sales! lol Now that's my idea of fun! Hope you had a great week - enjoy your upcoming weekend!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie,
      You're a girl after my own heart. I can't think of too many things I'd rather do than rummage!
      Diane

      Delete
  2. Diane-
    Thank you for your visit and for posting about my give away on your own blog - I appreciate you so much.

    Your blog header is truly beautiful - your barn is beyond beautiful - I don't see too may barns in that style around here where we live. I love the deep red color of that barn - and against the snow it is just magnificent!

    Thanks for bringing me here ---

    the little valentines bring back lots of memories!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete